Friday, January 27, 2017

124 Miles in 27 Days

January has been a very busy month in terms of logging my miles. My trail run today put me at 124 miles total. I still have a few days left in this month and I have a lovely 20 mile long run this Sunday. I ran across a tank top that I earned back in the summer of 2014. My Raleigh Running Mamas group back in NC does a summer running challenge every year. You have 60 consecutive days during the summer months to earn either 60 or 120 miles. I started my running back in 2012. In the summer of 2013 I earned 60 miles in 60 days and that was hard for me to do. In 2014 we moved out to CA but luckily my Running Mamas let me in on the challenge one more time. I was determined to get 120 miles in 60 days this time, especially since the weather in SoCal was amazing to run in. I completed the challenge with a few days left. I felt like a bad ass logging all those miles and couldn't imagine keeping this up. It was hard work and lots of dedication for me to get those miles in. Yet, here I am 27 days into January. I only ran 19 out of the 27 days to get to this point.


Today my running buddy and I hit the trails since it was beautiful outside and we needed a change up from our usual running spot. What we didn't count on was the Santa Ana Winds! They were insane. It didn't help that we ran headlong into the wind either. The sand was hitting us and felt like little pellets. I'm surprised I didn't have any small bruises on my legs. We were running but at times it felt like we were running in place and even running into each other. The mountains in the distance still have snow on them and was gorgeous to look at. There is just something about being out on the trails that calls to me. I love to run but when I'm on the trails its a deeper kind of love that rises up in me. Below are a few more pictures from my run today. One of them looks like I am wearing some pretty short shorts but really the wind was kicking up and blew my running skirt up.



Rocking on my run today:
Orange Mud HQ Single Barrel and Arm Sleeves under the wind jacket
INKnBURN Shirt and Running Skirt
PRO Compression Black Socks
Tailwind Nutrition Lemon flavor
HokaOneOne Challengers
Brooks Rain/Wind Jacket
Goodr Black Sunglasses 

No comments:

Post a Comment