Monday, March 6, 2017

I'm a Trailblazer!!

I received an email recently welcoming me to the Tailwind Nutrition ambassador program!!  I'm so very honored and excited to be able to represent this company and their product. I have exclusively been using their energy fuel now for 2 years. When their Trailblazer applications opened up in January, I knew I had to give it a shot. I'm so happy that I did.

For those that have never tried Tailwind before, it is a mix that you add to your water to give you energy, electrolytes and keep you hydrated during your activity. Tailwind is all you need so you can ditch those gels, bars, chews and pills. There is no film, no lingering after taste and no gooey mess to clean up. It comes in 7 flavors: Mandarin Orange, Naked, Lemon, Berry, Tropical Buzz, Raspberry Buzz and Green Tea Buzz. If a flavor has the word 'buzz' behind it then it just means it is caffeinated. Tailwind is easy on your body to absorb so you do not experience the gut bombs! For their full story and more detail about their product, visit their website here http://www.tailwindnutrition.com/why-tailwind/

I discovered Tailwind when I was getting ready for the LA Marathon back in 2015. I had been training with water and GUs but started to freak out over the heat wave that would be present on race day. Many suggested to add salt pills but that really made me nervous. A few INKnBURN ambassadors told me to try Tailwind so I ordered the stick pack bundle. Not knowing much about it, I made the mistake of using something new on race day and not doing too much homework on it. I just liked the idea of being able to put it in my water and drink it through out the race. One of the things that you should note about Tailwind is that you should NOT use it with other GUs and chews. Let me tell you first hand! I continued to use my GUs, on top of my Tailwind, during the race. By mile 10 I was in the bathroom for 20+ minutes.

Once I completed my first Marathon, I looked back on it to see where I could use improvements. The first thing I decided to do was to get ride of my GUs and only use the Tailwind. I will admit that it felt weird not eating anything during my runs and just relying on the Tailwind to do its job. I noticed a positive difference in myself and how my body felt during and post runs when I used my Tailwind. If I forgot it or didn't drink my recommended amount of it during my runs then I felt tired, sore and not myself. I have learned my lesson and I always keep an extra packet of lemon Tailwind on me, just in case. I even went to see a nutritionist to go over my nutrition for when I'm training for races. I brought in my Tailwind packets for her to review and she approved of it.

I would recommend getting the stick pack bundle so that you can sample all the flavors to see what you like best. Then you can order more in bulk. You can also mix up your flavors by buying 2-3 flavors. A very popular mixed flavor is Green Tea Buzz and Lemon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment